EDge/BCC is the epitome of teamwork. My hand-chosen counselors and partners are highly educated, well-known in the counseling circuit and most importantly, affiliated with and respected by the associations and institutions that make our network one of the most globally-connected in Brazil. With experience and resources at our fingertips, EDge/BCC and partners are able to focus on what counts : EDUCATION.
Who we are
EDge College Consultants
EDge stands for Emily Dobson Global Educators and reflects a part of our philosophy that, even though we are known as independent counselors, we are actually cooperative counselors.
We believe that it takes a village to support education, and our approach to counseling and consulting holds true to that. This company has been built over the last decade to support pro bono cases, applicants for all program types, parents and family members of applicants, post secondary schools interested in building a dream program and universities looking into recruiting and traveling around Brazil. While there are several counselors and partners at EDge/BCC, we all share a commonality: the right to educate students and schools while they go through their individual educational journey. We provide the highest quality of counseling, resources and problem-solving to meet educational needs.
Brazil College Counseling
Brazil College Counseling (BCC) is the non-profit section of the company, because in its inception, EDge founder Emily Dobson immediately recognized the importance of equitable access to college preparation for students, families and schools-- with an emphasis on professional knowledge and student/family feedback. Support can be found through group conversations and exchanges online (in Portuguese and English) from our growing team of (real!)) admissions representatives, credentialed counselors from all over the world, former EDge/BCC students, current applicants and a dedicated collection of valuable resources, including tailored college planning guides, Financial Aid lists, sample essays and much, much more.
- Our counselors/partners are proud and active members of the following:
- InterACAC, International Association for College Admissions Counseling
- HECA, Higher Education Consultants Association
- IECA, Independent Educational Consultants Association
- NACAC, National Association for College Admission Counseling
- LDA, Learning Disability Association of America
- CHADD, Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- IDA, International Dyslexia Foundation
- Graduates of UCLA or other recognized College Counseling programs and/or High School College Counselors
- Rocky Mountain ACAC